We’re looking for a Digital Imaging and Compositing Assistant to work alongside Rachel Maclean and her studio to produce large scale prints using photographic images and illustrations.
Rachel Maclean is a contemporary Scottish artist who creates grotesquely saccharine satirical words using digital videos and print.
Working alongside Rachel and her studio the Digital Imaging and Compositing Assistant will be producing large scale digital prints using photographic images and illustrations for a new upcoming exhibition in London. Mostly working in Adobe Photoshop with some additional work in Adobe Illustrator, as well as helping shoot photographs to collage into the work.
– Fluent in Adobe Photoshop
– Experience with studio photography, portrait photography and still life
– Experienced in colour grading and compositing
– Good eye for lighting, colour and composition
– Good understanding of Adobe Illustrator and working with vectors
– High level of attention to detail
– Good communication skills, able to work independently and as part of a team
– Knowledge and interest in the work of Rachel Maclean and more broadly contemporary art, digital media and film
– Hold a degree in Photography or another relevant subject
– Experience compositing in Adobe After Effects
– Experience working on digital video installations, in an artistic, technical and/or curatorial capacity
Hours & Salary:
Flexible Part-time (3 days per week with the possibility of more) 9 am – 6 pm
£10 per hour
Monday 26th July 2021
Fixed term until October 2021
Deadline for applications:
9 am Monday 12th July
Please submit a CV, Cover Letter and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Digital Imaging Assistant’ as the subject header.
Location: Glasgow City
For further information, please contact email@example.com (Ciara Dunne)
Image © James Glossop / The Times Jupiter Artland