Film Processing in Dark Room
If you’ve attended one of our analogue film processing workshops and want to print
your negatives or if you’ve just always wanted to learn the process, this course is the
perfect introduction to darkroom printing.
In our brand-new darkroom space, we’ll familiarise you with the darkroom
equipment, enlargers, safe lighting & processing equipment. You’ll be instructed in
chemical preparation safety and taken step by step through the printing process
before going solo and printing your own images. All under the guidance of our
resident darkroom tutors.
All materials and chemistry supplied. Bring your own 35mm negatives or we can supply from our archive.
Owing to the size of the darkroom, places are limited to a maximum of 6 per session,
so book early.
Plan for the day:
• The Darkroom space, A run through all the equipment.
• Dry Side/Wet Side what’s the difference?
• Safelighting. What it is, why we need it and when to use it.
• How to select a good negative and mount into the enlarger.
• Introduction to black & white processing chemistry.
• Introduction to printing papers
• Creating and analysing a test strip demonstration
• Expose and develop print demonstration
• Hands on create your own test strip
• Hands on expose and develop your own print
• Washing, drying and print finishing
• Q&A and group discussion
Limited spaces so book early!
Remember to check out our other workshops in photography and darkroom
“Fantastic and informative workshop, great for a newbie like me. Enjoyed the workshop immensely.” Monika
“There is so much fun in the process and everything was well paced and explained. You’ve given me confidence, thank you.” Jemma
MAKE by Narture Studios
30 Newmarket St, Ayr, UK