Stills has joined forces with Parabola, the award winning developer and investor, to support an Early Career photographer to embark on a major new commission for Edinburgh Park, as it transforms over the next 14 months.
We’re looking for an early-career photographer to develop a new body of work that responds creatively to Edinburgh Park and its relationship to the city centre – whether that’s culturally, geographically or historically. The selected photographer will be encouraged to capture not just the physical landscape of Edinburgh Park, but also its mission of ‘redefining living and working in Edinburgh’ through creating work that is equally ambitious and innovative.
The project will begin in early November 2019 and conclude at the end of December 2020. During this period the selected photographer will spend 7 days a month developing new work on site at Edinburgh Park – (these days are flexible but should be agreed in advance). There will also be full access to Stills’ production facilities during this time, plus free equipment hire, support and mentoring from the team at Stills and Edinburgh Park’s Art Curator Matthew Jarratt.
The photographer will also receive:
• A fee of £9800 (for 7 days a month)
• A budget of £1000 to spend on printing at Stills and framing their work for exhibition in 2020.
• A £500 contribution towards travel costs to and from the site.
• A photographer based in the Edinburgh area.
• Within 5 years of having graduated in Photography or related subject and actively producing photographic work as a key aspect of their artistic practice.
• Demonstrable track record of working to deadlines with example/s of work undertaken for commercial clients or a gallery exhibition.
• Applicants will be required to submit a CV (up to two sides of A4) with a written statement of interest and a maximum of six images of recent work/projects (including title, medium, dimensions and any relevant links).
To submit an application or for any questions please email email@example.com
Deadline Sunday 15th September
Applications will be judged by a panel that includes Stills Director Ben Harman and Curator Matthew Jarratt. All applicants will be notified on the results of their application by 1st October. The Stills and Edinburgh Park Photography Commission is part of a wider arts programme for the area, developed by Parabola. For more information visit www.parabola.com/places/edinburgh-park
Image by Claire Cochrane.