ABOUT THE AWARD
The Morton Award (£5,000) is for artists working in a lens-based media in Scotland. The award is funded by The Morton Charitable Trust and administered by the Royal Scottish Academy and consists of:
- Monetary award to research, develop and produce a new body of work in a lens-based medium
- Exhibition of selected completed work at the Royal Scottish Academy in 2021
- Acquisition of work into the prestigious RSA Permanent Collections.
- Artists must be working in a lens-based media (includes digital & analogue photography, film and video)
- Artists must have been born in Scotland or have studied at a Scottish art school or have been resident in Scotland for at least 3 years.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate students are not eligible.
Deadline: Sunday 28 June 2020, 11.59pm
Image: John Wallace, ROADSPACE, film installation, 2018 RSA Morton Award. Image credit John McKenzie.
Visit the Royal Scottish Academy website for more info.