Applications are open for early career photographers to enter newly made work. Win up to £1000, an exhibition at StreetLevel and a photography masterclass. Take the next step.
The Jill Todd Photographic Award is an annual award providing a valuable opportunity for emerging photographers to showcase a new body of work and benefit from the exposure of a gallery show.
First Prize: £1000
Second Prize: £600
Third Prize: £400
+ prize winners work will be exhibited at Street Level Photoworks.
+ shortlisted applications will be invited to participate in a photographic masterclass.
Who can enter?
* Graduates from Photography or Art degree programmes who are within 5 years of graduation i.e. for this year, those who have graduated in: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 or 2017.
* Final Year undergraduate or postgraduate students from Photography or Art degree programmes who graduate in 2018.
* In addition to the above we welcome submissions from graduates from any degree programme who have a keen interest in photography. They must have graduated within the last 5 years, or will graduate this year.
* All entrants must have graduated, or will graduate this year, from a Scottish, Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland degree programme.
What is required:
*Between 5-12 photographic images, with the majority of the project made since 2 March 2018.
* A project statement of not more than 500 words outlining the motivations and intentions behind your chosen theme or subject matter.
* A short biographical statement.
* An entry fee of £15
What will the judges be looking for?
* Exciting and original work, which has carefully considered the selected subject matter or theme.
* Submissions which are interesting, intelligent and provide a creative personal interpretation.
* Careful editing and sequencing of works in order to produce a coherent body of work that demonstrates these qualities.
Location: All Scotland ,Northern Ireland
The deadline is Monday 17 September 2018 at 17:00.
Image: © Sarah Michelle Riisager (2017 Runner-Up)