The third national Jerwood/Photoworks Awards seek proposals from outstanding artists using new approaches to photography.
The Jerwood/Photoworks Awards support photographers, or artists using photography, to make new work and significantly develop their practice. The Awards are a collaboration between Jerwood Charitable Foundation and Photoworks (Brighton), supported by Official Print Partner Spectrum Photographic. The Awards particularly seek to encourage artists and photographers exploring new approaches to photography, and/or whose practice is experimental.
Presented every two years, the Awards are open to arts practitioners using photography who are within 10 years of establishing their practice. There is no age limitation and no requirement for formal education or qualifications. In recognition of the financial pressures faced by many artists, this edition will not require an application fee. Applicants have the alternative of submitting a video or audio proposal and funding to help those facing additional barriers to take up the opportunity is also available. Two Awardees will each receive:
- £10,000 to support the making of new work
- Access to an additional production fund of £5,000
- High-profile mentoring support from an international panel of experts for at least 12 months
- A two-person exhibition in London as part of the Jerwood Visual Arts programme at Jerwood Space (from January 2020)
- A subsequent UK joint exhibition tour
The call for entries is open now and will close at 5pm on Monday 5 November 2018.
For more information, visit: Photoworks
Image: © Anna Arca